The ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental School Application Service) application is open.
*Update* June 16, 2020: First day to submit your 2020–21 ADEA AADSAS application.
The ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program goes paperless! Applicants requesting fee assistance will be required to submit their requests and supporting documents electronically. Paper documents will not be processed.
All decisions regarding approval or denial of fee assistance for the 2020-21 ADEA AADSAS application will be provided on or after June 16 when the cycle opens for submission. At this time applicants will have 14 days in which to use the awarded funds. Visit the Fee Assistance Program page for more detailed information and to read the 2020-21 FAP instructions.
Visit the Fee Assistance Program page for more detailed information and to read the 2020-21 FAP instructions.
Dental School Applicant Quick Guide
The ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) is the centralized application service for U.S. dental schools.
ADEA AADSAS simplifies the application process, allowing you to save time and energy by completing just one application for multiple dental schools.
Download the Dental School Applicant Quick Guide.
All U.S. dental schools participate in ADEA AADSAS and require it as the primary application. Texas residents applying to Texas dental schools, though, will need to apply through the
Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS).
Foreign-educated dental graduates interested in completing an advanced standing program at a U.S. dental school will need to apply through the
ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID).
Highlights/ Important Notes
- New for 2020-21: ADEA AADSAS FAP Paperless Process. Applicants
requesting fee assistance will be required to submit their requests and supporting documents electronically. It is important to read the 2020-21
FAP Instructions carefully.
- Read all of the 2020 ADEA AADSAS application instructions carefully before you apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your advisor.
- Speaking of advisors, you should make sure to meet with your health professions advisor before beginning the application, as he or she can provide guidance for all of the areas of the application, facilitate the process of gathering letters of evaluation and help you manage your application timeline.
- ADEA AADSAS applications will not be processed until all official undergraduate transcripts are received.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471
If using express mail, send to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15
Watertown, MA 02472
- After the ADEA AADSAS application, fee payment and official transcripts are received, it usually takes about four to six weeks to process an application. Check the status of your application regularly to make sure there is nothing holding up the process.
- Check with your designated dental schools to make sure you fulfill all of their individual supplemental application requirements.
- APPLY EARLY! We suggest submitting your application during the summer. Do not wait until deadlines approach to submit your application. Each dental school has its own application deadline. ADEA AADSAS does not send your application to a school if your application is received by ADEA AADSAS after the school's deadline.
ADEA AADSAS IMPORTANT DATES
May 12, 2020: 2021 ADEA AADSAS application and the ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program (FAP) paperless process opens
*Update* June 16, 2020: First day to submit your 2020–21 ADEA AADSAS application has changed
Aug. 14 – Sept. 30, 2020: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
Dec. 4, 2020 – Feb. 3, 2021: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
Dec. 1, 2020: Dental school decision release date to applicants
Feb. 3, 2021: 2020-21 ADEA AADSAS closes
Feb. 10, 2021: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS
ADEA AADSAS Applicant Customer Service
Available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (except Federal Holidays)